Monday, July 1, 2019


New year. New challenges. New chances.
“How did you start the new year?” – Well, I spent the first day of the new year in trains and trams... After a great Christmas Holiday and the celebration of New Year’s Eve with my family back home in Germany, I wanted to go back to Most as soon as possible! It was nice to see my family again, but Most is the city I belong to right now - at least my home till August. Here there is work waiting for me and a language to learn, Bridges to build and Walls to break. Here I face challenges, learn about the Czech culture and meet new friends!
After an 10 hour journey I finally arrived back in my apartment, and the very next day I spent the afternoon playing games at Café Most; I absolutely enjoyed learning new board games and playing it with kids from the city. They taught me some Czech words and were very patient with me!
Often times I am asked what my daily schedule looks like; It’s quite flexible and I’m not playing board games all the time, although that is an important way to make connections with the locals!😊 Getting to know people and the culture as well as learning the language are very important parts of my daily schedule. As well, I am in contact with other people who are involved with the Atlantic Bridge project here, such as my Project Coordinator and youth leaders from some of the local churches. Together, we work together to organize youth exchanges and other events; for example we’re currently working on a youth weekend in Dresden with Czech and German youth in the up and coming months!
Last week, three friends from the Mennonite Church in Dresden and a guy I met here in Most came to help me with painting the apartment! We had such a good time together and I am really grateful for their help! 😊 I am looking forward to the weekend in Dresden when we will all meet together again!


No comments:

Post a Comment