Friday, March 1, 2019

The Big Picture 2.0


The Big Picture 2.0

Half-Time
Earlier this week I received an email from my sending organisation; they were asking me to write my mid time evaluation. Really? Already half of my EVS time is over? I almost couldn’t believe it, but well, they were right. 5 months are over, 6 months are still to come. So I guess it is time to take a look at the Big Picture again!
Out of these 5 months I have been living in Most for only 9 weeks. The other three months I spent on the music tour or for other activities with Atlantic Bridge in the Netherlands, but still – 9 weeks of living independent and on my own in Most! This I surely know: God is painting His picture and nothing can hold Him back from doing it!

A time full of experiences
I visited churches and youth groups and started to build up friendships. I got to know Most and visited cities like Prague, Carlsbad and Pilsen. I painted my apartment and visited other volunteers. I built up contacts with schools and churches and right now I am planning on some smaller activities and big events. Sometimes I meet youth to practice their German and my Czech and once a week I have my Czech lessons... Every two weeks I teach english for a mixed group of old and young people. I started to regularly meet a friend and his grandma in the next village and I hope that the old lady will teach me more about the Czech culture (for example how to cook Czech food) - but my absolute highlight so far was an international futsal tournament in Prague I participated in! Some friends from Germany came and we played together as the representative team for Ambassadors Football Germany!
I am sure that all these things are only possible through God's power and strength, as we read in Isaiah 40:29: He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. And when I look on the small and big events that are still going to come I am sure that God will bless every work that praises Him – but let’s be honest: How often do we look back to the cross? How often do we really live for Christ’s sake, knowing that all good things come from Him? My opinion is that here are two aspects that hold us, and that hold me, back from intimacy with Christ: comfort and volume – We don’t feel a need to speak to Him and we are too busy.


Tine

No comments:

Post a Comment